"...I can't wait to cheer India in the world cup by shouting with other people (at a group showing in a nice bar) and showing my patriotism." (quoted from an online news article)
Ah. Those days are back. The days we can truly feel patriotic. It comes once in four years. And what's more. We can actually show it! I feel ya my brother. I wish I could share it with you over a pint of beer and shouting myself hoarse.
No, truly. I do want to feel that love for my country, I thought lost. To get goosebumps everytime our batsmen hit a four or our bowlers rearranged some woodwork. To sing the national song (which now I believe is the new Nike song? I am sorry, they keep changing but I promise I will remember it this time).
At the end of it all there will be glory (or not). But we would have been touched by the galant efforts of our heroes, our players. Their do-or-die attitude shall not be forgotten. When we have regained our voices, we shall remember them for hours to come (till we pass out). And wake up the next day feeling the wholeness that comes out of knowing we did for the country the last night. We were patriots.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment