Provoked by this. Appalled by this. Thoughts ignited earlier by some of these
We worship cows in this country. People frown if you say you eat beef. Some of those people also drink cow piss and believe it's good for health. After all, it comes from a cow. Then we have societies for prevention of cruelty to animals. We have PETA, Maneka Gandhi and suchlike.
My indignation is provoked by these people's apathy to the conditions of people, and sympathy to other animals. I mean, first of all, I believe in the Darwinian theory, the law of the jungle, free market capitalism, Ayn Rand's Objectivism and all that jazz. Everyone for himself. I'm responsible for my happiness. Not for anyone else's. Nor is anyone else responsible for me. Thats perfectly fair.
However, we are social, emotional animals. So I feel some sympathy for the Somalians dying hungry, for children orphaned or abandoned at birth. I don't mind contributing some to their cause, but only after I put my own house in order, and have an excess of joy to share.
This whole 'animal love' shit completely baffles me. Humans are a superior species to the others. I'm sure our ancestors put a lot of effort into establishing themselves as the supreme race, though they weren't as strong or fast as some of the other animals. People should cherish that, and live happily ever after. But no, they'd rather drink cow piss. And protect cows. And turn vegetarian. And prevent frustrated souls like me from killing the darn dogs that don't let me sleep at night with their howling. Why? Oh, Why?
By the way meat tastes good. The animal is gonna be killed anyway. That's the purpose of it's existence. Why bother making it painless, ignoring practical considerations?
And I beg vegetarianism-promoters to explain - we've all learnt that plants are as much 'living' as animals. So what makes killing plants more acceptable than killing animals? Just because the animal can howl, and draw the attention of your hypocritical conscience? Why the double standards? Where is the logic?
Thursday, January 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment