Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Why do people go to work?

Coffee. Yes my friend that is the answer. I believe the sole reason people go to work, is so they can guzzle down gallons of coffee in the line of work without any regret, just as a soldier might lay down his life in the line of duty.
Think about it. Ever drove to work without your coffee mug? Ever been to a meeting without coffee? Ever talked to a client without a cup of coffee in your hand, or without offering him one?
And dont even get me started on coffee breaks! I mean c'mon. Honestly, if you spent as much time working, you would be...well, working a lot.
The only reason I can stand those long hours at work is because there is always a coffee break lurking ahead. A chance to get up from my chair and walk the distance, a whole 5 yards to the coffee maker, maybe find someone doing the same, and so we stand for a bit chatting. *ahaa, drifting away to coffee land*
So the next time you are at work, frustrated, exasperated, irritated, remind yourself of the REAL reason you are there in the first place. Coffee.

1 comment:

Ashish said...

This is a truly A-ha!, Oh-my-god, h o l y b u l l, moment. As I have my 42nd cup of coffee, things are suddenly clear, everything falls in place. My eyes are open, I now have the power - I am set to do and achieve great things...will need to log out first...