I like skirts. Not wearing em. I like em on women. They are better than pants or jeans because they are so elegantly feminine. Salwars suits suck cos they are based on the assumption that the lower part is not noticed at all. Sarees suck the worst. They can be pretty, yes, but they 'over-ride' the person who's wearing them. I mean, a saree looks the same on anyone. The form and figure of the person wearing them becomes totally irrelevant. Which is why they are probably associated with old women (who'd rather their dress be noticed than their form) and not young girls.
A skirt, on the other hand, is so expressive.
One can express herself with the length she chooses:
-a mini or micro is a loud and clear statement - this is me, and I'm not afraid to flaunt it
-a short skirt - I'm modern and cool, but not seeking too much attention
-long - i'm not tellin u anything but u should probably stay at an arm's length away.
She can express herself with the fit
-tight - I mean business
-medium - I'm the easy-going, happy-go-lucky type
-loose - I'm shapeless. I ought not to wear a skirt at all, but i really want to, and i hope (pray!) it looks nice
She can express herself with the colors and designs
-bright, electric color or with flowers and shit - i'm cool. come n talk to me if u want to. i'll be nice
-plain, with frills etc - i'm nice to people i know, but strangers'd better think twice before approaching me. u have a chance tho, say something smart
-absolutely plain- i'd rather not be noticed today. something's wrong
-gaudy, loud - she doesn't really know what she's doing. stay away, u r better off this way
I believe skirts have been playing havoc on men's imagination since Marilyn Monroe. At a party I attended at a friend's place last weekend, a certain yellow mini drew a LOT of attention. It's the same at discs, hangouts, public transport, schools/colleges, offices - you name it. Well, at least I'm not complaining! Cheers...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment